Our SEO agency specialises in Google penalty recovery service, and we have years of expertise in recovering lost rankings and revenues of business websites. We stay abreast of Google’s latest algorithms and can perform an in-depth assessment of penalised sites to identify what are the root causes and the corrective action.
What is a Google Penalty?
Google Penalty is a sudden drop in rankings of a website on the Google Search listings. A Google Penalty can hit a site after algorithmic updates or by manual action of web spam team at Google. When the affected website’s ranking drops, there will be a dramatic reduction in visitors to the site. Consequentially, the income stream of the site will suffer.
Examples of Google Penalties
- Panda and Penguin – These algorithmic penalties focus on websites’ on-page factors and backlink (off-page) factors respectively.
- Pirate penalty – Google severely penalises those sites which steal copyrighted content.
- Thin content penalty – This happens as a result of a manual review which finds that the majority of content on your website is duplicate and can be found either on your site itself or other websites.
- Lack of Mobile Friendliness – Google penalises those websites which are not mobile friendly. Google has repeatedly stated that mobile users should have a good experience. You can quickly check the search result page – a listing with a mobile friendly website will have the word “mobile-friendly” on the search description.
From helping our clients who come to us for penalty removal, we have noticed the causes listed below to be the most common :
- Bad SEO practices – There are certain SEO practices that Google frowns upon. An example of this is spammy guest blog links which are irrelevant to the theme of the website. Another two examples are over-optimization of anchor texts and keyword stuffing.
- Hiring Incompetent SEO agencies – There are many SEO companies who claim to offer a quick fix to business wanting rapid results. Keep in mind is that search engine rankings improve over time and anybody claiming an immediate result are usually talking through their hat. Hiring such an agency is only likely to get you penalised by Google. Also, be aware of SEO agencies that sell SEO “Packages”, Guaranteed Result and task based service (e.g. “we provide 1000 directory submissions, 500 high-quality backlinks, etc.)
- Spam Attack or Negative SEO – This has become a big menace to legitimate online businesses as a result of hackers, spammers or competitors attacking websites either manually or with the use of automated spamming tools.
Additionally, buying links, plagiarism, overuse of site meta tags, Internal 404 errors, keyword stuffing, missing sitemaps, broken external links, excessive affiliate links, and spammed comments may lead to a Google penalty.
How Can We Help?
We can help your site recover from a penalty by using our tried and tested Access and Removal process explained below:
- Traffic Audit – We will analyse your website’s traffic sources: organic, purchased traffic, etc.
- Links Audit – We will inspect each and every link on your site to find the anomalies such as unnatural links, excessive reciprocal links, broken links, etc.
- Content Audit – We will search for the possible threats like improper formatting, over-optimization, spun content, “loud” advertising, etc.
After this assessment, we will give a quick & comprehensive report on the best practices to be followed to ensure that a penalised website gets back its original search engine rankings and starts generating revenue again.
Let us help you recover your site and income. Contact us today!